Vasquez will fuck you up.

I'm already enjoying this blog - because if for an instant I'm like, "what should I write about?" I just go look at that list of all the shit I like and have it confirm that "yes, what I was thinking about IS appropriate for the subject of a blog post."

And what I'm currently contemplating is what a BADASS Vasquez is. Seriously. Hurrrggggh. Yeah, by "contemplating" what I mean is, I just sit around and think about how awesome she is. I wish I were really butch sometimes, but it's just not in the cards for me as far as temperament and genetics are concerned. So I just get to admire the awesome butch ladies mainstream media actually puts forth, and Vasquez is at the very top of that list.






Vasquez 2.0* ain't bad, either, but she's not quite as crazy-awesome as the original.

(Michelle Rodriguez as Trudy Chancon in Avatar)


Also of interest to note: The original Vasquez, Jenette Goldstien, is a James Cameron (JC**) repeat offender, and he likes to put her in all kinds of roles.


(as John Connor's foster mom / T-1000 in Terminator 2)

(as the third-class Irish mom in Titanic)


*Speaking of Vasquez 2.0 - Michelle Rodriguez, she is a badass in lots of films. But I still think her first movie is her best, and I recommend it to everyone: GIRLFIGHT.




** I like to think of James Cameron as "JC" because then I can compare him to Jesus Christ, or imagine that when I hear uber-religious types talking about the JC, that they're talking about Mr. Cameron instead, which really resonates more with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment