Bad xeroxing skills will get you nowhere, Kpop.

TOP is amazing. Like, arguably the hottest/sexiest/deepest-voiced rapper in Korea (and the world at large), yes? Yes.



You know who else can be hot/sexy Korean rappers?

DUDES WHO DON'T LOOK AND SOUND LIKE TOP.



Block B has one of them. And while I know TKPA is totally in favor of P.O., I just have a hard time not seeing him as TOP.2 - which is sad, frustrating, and not-not-not the same. Even more frustrating, there's now a new group - "Taken" that has not one, but TWO TOP wannabes. The blonde one isn't too TOPish, but the first time I saw this video that's how it really struck me. (The darker haired one is seriously TOP.3.)

I appreciate the ways that Korean groups are able to spot successful trends and then remix/modify them to continue that success, but I think literally copying people/personas is going a little too far. I'm hoping it's just a rookie-group thing, and once they get a couple of songs under their belt they'll find let their agencies will let their members showcase their own personalities and styles, instead of already proven ones (I also thought the other main rapper in Block B was a pretty obvious GD knock off).




And the thing is, I don't think this is bad for TOP. Bitch, please. Ain't nobody better than TOP, and we know it, and he knows it.


I do think this is bad for Block B, Taken, and any other new rookie groups who have jumped on the TOP Rapper train, because it's just distracting and disappointing me as a potential fan. :(

It's also solidifying why I'm a fan of B1A4. They've got a crazy-low voiced rapper (Baro), who looks NOTHING like TOP. Huzzah!







No comments:

Post a Comment