SO MUCH SWAGGER.


That's why G-Dragon* is undeniable. It doesn't matter that he's not very big. That he doesn't have the insane muscles that some other androgynous kpop boys are hiding. That he wears absolutely insanely bad things some times (see TKPA for more on this). What matters is that when he gets in front of a camera or on a stage** he DEMANDS that you recognize the mojo that literally floods from his pores. And you do, because DAMN. Justin Timberlake wishes he had 1/10th the swagger that GD's got.

I just feel like everything GD does performance-wise is basically him saying, "Fuck you - I'm awesome." And he is.




There is much more I need to write about GD, as he is occupying much of my life at the moment. But nothing seems quite right, which is why I've put it off this long. This was just a little attempt to get something up on the blog, mostly as an earmarker to remind myself to further express my love for all things GD.

Also, his band (Big Bang) is coming out with a new mini-album in like SIX DAYS. I am SO EXCITED for this. And at some point, we should get an actual music video for the song above - but its been caught up by the korean TV sensors for being AWESOME, apparently.



* I detested his name at first. But I was turned because 1) he totally lives up to it. I will call him whatever he wants to be called. There are more ridiculous things he could pull off. 2) There is logic to the madness. His actual name is Kwon Ji Yong. "Ji" easily becomes "G". And, turns out, "Yong" means "dragon" in Korean. So.... it's kind of totally legit. :)

**Yeah, 'cause when he's not performing - he seems totally quiet, shy, and ridiculously respectful. And the juxtaposition just makes me love him all the more.

No comments:

Post a Comment